Borsa İstanbul calculates variety of indices to follow the movements of markets, to be an underlying asset for the financial products, and to be used as a benchmark for collective investment instruments.
Within this framework, Borsa İstanbul calculates;
- total of 426 Stock Indices where 72 are real time and remaining 354 are end of day for the Equity Market,
- total of 54 BIST-KYD Indices where 32 are real time and remaining 22 are end of day in order to measure daily returns of variety of financial instruments such as debt securities, gold, bank deposit, profit share and mutual funds,
- total of 20 Risk Control Indices for the investors who want to limit the volatility of their investment on an equity index and/or a market,
- total of 6 Leveraged and Short Indices to reflect the performance of the reference index (underlying index) with a certain leverage ratio in the same direction or in the opposite direction,
- 4 indices to measure daily returns of gold prices and daily returns of gold bonds and gold denominated lease certificates issued by Turkish Ministry of Treasury and Finance and Turkish Ministry of Treasury and Finance Asset Leasing Company.
Borsa İstanbul also calculates total of 46 customized stock indices, where 12 are real time and remaining 34 are the end of day, for corporations that wish to have indices calculated on their behalf.
Borsa İstanbul holds all the intellectual property rights to the BIST Indices and the Borsa İstanbul market data. Therefore, financial institutions willing to issue financial products based on BIST indices and/or to calculate indices using Borsa İstanbul data have to sign a license agreement with Borsa İstanbul.