Nominal Value (TRY)
Number of Shares
|Class A ||42,323.40 ₺ ||4,232,340 ||Türkiye Wealth Fund ||0.01 |
|Class B ||311,457,900.60 ₺ ||31,145,790,060 ||Türkiye Wealth Fund ||73.59 |
|Class C ||0.41 ₺ ||41 ||Türkiye Wealth Fund ||0.00 |
|Class B ||29,626,380.00 ₺ ||2,962,638,000 ||NASDAQ ||7.00 |
|Class B ||42,323,400.00 ₺ ||4,232,340,000 ||European Bank for Reconstruction |
and Development (EBRD)
|Class C ||5,502,042.00 ₺ ||550,204,200 ||Turkish Capital Markets Association (TCMA) ||1.30 |
|Class C ||3,349,044.48 ₺ ||334,904,448 ||Borsa İstanbul A.Ş.* ||0.79 |
|Class C ||30,932,909.11 ₺ ||3,093,290,911 ||Others (shareholders of dissolved Turkish Derivatives Exchange, |
members of dissolved İstanbul Stock Exchange, members of dissolved İstanbul Gold Exchange)
|Total ||423,234,000.00 ₺ ||42,323,400,000 || ||100% |
*It is composed of the shares that were acquired by the company itself from brokerage houses, in compliance with the resolution taken in the Ordinary General Assembly meeting dated June 8, 2017.
In line with the resolution of Cabinet Ministers numbered 2017/9756 and dated January 24, 2017 which was published on Official Gazette dated February 5, 2017 and numbered 29970, Borsa İstanbul shares belonging to Treasury were transferred to Türkiye Wealth Fund.
According to the articles of incorporation of Borsa İstanbul A.Ş.
- In cases, where the positive vote of the Group A shareholder or board members nominated by it is required as per this articles, resolutions made without obtaining the positive vote thereof are invalid.
- To ensure protection of shareholding distribution, other share certificates than those in Group A may be transferred within the same group. However, these shares may be transferred to the partners in the other groups or to third persons, with the approval of the Capital Market Board.
- In the event a person acquires ten percent or more of the capital by means of direct or indirect shareholding through the shares offered to the public or in the event of share transfer resulting in shares directly or indirectly owned by a shareholder to exceed or drop below ten percent, twenty percent, thirty three percent or fifty percent of the capital by means of acquisition of shares offered to the public, exercising partnership rights, except dividends, subject to shares offered to the public to be acquired by the shareholders will be subject to the permission of Capital Markets Board of Turkey. In case mentioned percentages are reached through acquisition of shares traded in the stock exchange, including shares of the Company acquired outside the stock exchange, provision of the paragraph will apply.
Social sustainability has recently become popular in capital markets institutions. Many of them are actively involving in sustainability-related projects, both at local and international levels. Thanks to its projects and contributions, Borsa İstanbul is one of the most active exchanges.
- Borsa İstanbul is one of the first stock exchanges which sign UN Global Compact as early as 2005. For more information, please click on the link.
- Borsa İstanbul is one of the founders of Sustainable Stock Exchanges initiative, together with NASDAQ OMX, BM&FBOVESPA, Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Egyptian Exchange during the UN Conference on Sustainable Development Rio +20 Summit in 2012. For more information, please click on the link
- Borsa İstanbul is one of the members of World Federation of Exchanges Sustainability Working Group with global exchanges like CME Group, Deutsche Börse, Intercontinental Exchange/New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ OMX. For more information, please click on the link.
- Borsa İstanbul began to calculate BIST Sustainability Index in November 2014. The index aims to provide a benchmark for Borsa İstanbul companies with high performance on corporate sustainability and to increase the awareness, knowledge and practice on sustainability in Turkey. Moreover the index is a platform for institutional investors to demonstrate their commitment to companies managing environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues with high performance. For more information, please click on the link.
- Borsa İstanbul, published Guide on Sustainability targeting both listed companies and the companies which have the potential to become listed. For the guide (in Turkish), please click on the link.